Saturday, June 27, 2015

Huevos Rancheros Heaven

I just love how certain food can be used for both breakfast and dinner... egg bakes, steak and eggs, bacon and egg grilled cheese, etc.  My favorite is huevos rancheros, and I recently made the PERFECT home made ranchero sauce to spoon over it.  It was the greatest balance of spicy, smoky and 100% delicious.  I even made a big enough batch so I has some leftover to share. YUM!
Use this sauce to spoon over huevos rancheros, scrambled eggs or you could even add it to your breakfast sandwich to give it a flavor boost.
When I make huevos rancheros, I start by frying two corn tortillas in a bit of oil for about 30 seconds per side. Lay on a towel to drain. Grab a plate and start stacking... Corn tortilla, a spoonful of your fav refried beans, (I grab some from our fav Mexican restaurant) top with another corn tortilla. Top that with some cheese, (I like to use a combo of queso fresco and bit of cheddar) and then add one or two fried eggs. Add a big spoonful of the ranchero sauce and top with chunks of avocado, a dollop of sour cream, more cheese, (duh!) and sprinkle it all with some fresh cilantro.  It really is delicious perfection there, folks.

This ranchero sauce just couldn't be easier.  Here's what you need:




Ranchero Sauce
*one tbls olive oil
*1/2 medium size onion
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*one jalapeño, seeded and chopped
*one 15oz can of fire roasted tomatoes (I use the muir glen brand)
*1/2 cup of chicken broth
*small handful of cilantro, chopped
*one tbls dried oregano
*one chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped PLUS 1/2 tbls adobo sauce (I found a can at Target)
*1/4 teas salt
*pinch of pepper


Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion, garlic and jalapeño. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, broth, cilantro, oregano, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Cool and then blend until smooth. 

So, sooooooooo good. Enjoy your weekend, friends!


*you can follow me on IG or Pinterest @sarawuchko, and  on FB at Haute Dish Housewife https://www.facebook.com/hautedishhousewife for more recipe ideas, crafts/DIY, my style and giveaways.



No comments:

Post a Comment